Corn recipes are no more too hard to make. We present a range of cuisines that are made from corn in easy steps. It is inevitable to forego the role of corn in our daily life food. The amazing fact about corn is that it can be used in anytime of the day. Be it breakfast, lunch or dinner; corn can be served as a healthy nutrition throughout the day.
Corn is not just nutritious, but also a versatile vegetable that is used in numerous corn dishes. Astonishingly, corn comes up with a new flavor every time when cooked in a different circumstance. Whether it is used in salads, cooked on the barbecue or taken off the cob as it is, its nutritious role does not decline.
Corn recipes are not just confined to main side food only; they are used in the main course as well. Beginning from breakfast to lunch and then to dinner, corn is used as a part of recipes to add taste and nutritious value to it. Corn can be used as caned corn, frozen or freshly harvested.
Seasonal Options for Corn Recipes
There are several common corn recipes found in our everyday routine that seem very difficult to make. For instance, it is used in salads in summers while it is an essential in corn soup for winters. Some snack food from corn includes corn quiches, corn bread and corn fritters etc.
The corn recipes are segregated as per their use in the breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also, the snack food recipes are shared. With each recipe, you get to learn about the nutritious facts about corn when combined with different ingredients. There are more options to use corn in meals than you can anticipate.
Relying on the taste versatility, corn recipes are immense in number. They can be used as sweet and as sour; the spices compliment corn, as well as boiled vegetables, do. It is justifiable to say that corn has innumerable taste essences and can be used in limitless dishes.
Corn recipes can be used for breakfast, lunch, supper and dinner. The most commonly used recipes are corn muffins recipe, grilled corn fritters recipe, grilled lemon garlic zucchini recipe, olive oil Parmesan grilled corn recipe and summer corn salad recipe.
Categorizing the corn recipes on the basis of food courses, we have suggested different forms of corns. Each of which is not just tasty but also healthy and nutritious. While presenting the recipes of corn, it is considered that none of them has any harm to the digestive system.
Moreover, the right time of taking corn in the right form is suggested with each recipe to help you get the maximum benefit. So what’s the wait now! Let’s get started with the corn recipes.
Benefits in a Crux
Overall, the corn meals can be very nutritious throughout the day and it can serve all purpose of breakfast, lunch, and breakfast and side course food. Considering the recipes given in the article would help you try different tastes of the corn you might not have tasted before.
Beginning with the breakfast, we have some light courses of corn food and then some heavy meals in the lunch time. The dinner again has lighter servings of corn food yet complete in nutrition. The recipes put forward in the article are based on the combination of ingredients that are completely healthy.
Utilizing corn gives several health benefits as it keeps balance in the body nutrients. Corn helps in lowering hypertension, prevention of heart ailments and controlling diabetes. Also, Corn is an essential source of Vitamin A, B and E. It enhances daily metabolism and comprise of several minerals.
In addition to that, corn contains fiber content which plays a crucial role in the prevention of digestive ailments. It also helps in combating colorectal cancer. One of the major element is antioxidants that assist in the prevention of Alzheimer’s disease and anti-carcinogenic. Interestingly, corn utilization helps in curing eye related diseases as well as improves eye sight, both nearsightedness and farsightedness.
Corn Recipes for Breakfast
Based on the nutritious importance of corn, it can be used in the breakfasts. However, the servings of corn breakfasts are kept a little low as corn can be heavy on empty stomach. When combined with other ingredients, corn becomes healthy choice even for breakfast.
Having right amount of corn in breakfast recipes leaves a healthy impact on liver throughout the day. It stimulates the metabolism and activates the nutrient absorbing enzymes in the body. Now, the question that arises here is that, how can we use corn recipes?
Not to wait any longer and not to worry about internet surfing for several days. The answer is simply here in one post showing a range of corn recipes. For each course of the day, there is a separate recipe. So whatever the time of day it is, simply look for the following recipe and get going with it.
Recipe 1: Corn Muffins
Beginning with the corn breakfast recipes, we first bring up the fresh corn muffins. Let’s prepare ourselves to make some scrumptious breakfast today. In order to make corn muffins, you have to grab the following ingredients. Try to have fresh ingredients to enhance the taste richness.
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 4 large eggs
- 1 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cup fine stone-ground cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons rye flour
Procedure to make
- First of all, get the oven ready for the baking purpose. Preheat the oven at 400° in which place two muffin tins have twelve cups each. Don’t forget to place foil liners or paper liners in the muffin tins before putting in the oven.
- Take a medium sized bowl to add all-purpose flour. Mix in it, baking soda, baking powder, rye flour and cornmeal. Whisk well to make a powdered mixture.
- Take another bowl and mix in it, honey, oil and buttermilk. Whisk it well to make a liquid mixture.
- Now is the time to blend both mixtures. Take a stand mixer fitted with the paddle, or use a handheld electric mixer to prepare the batter. Begin with beating salt, sugar and butter on a medium speed for two minutes. Then start adding eggs, one by one, to the mixture. Once eggs are beaten, start adding the mixture prepared in step 2. Gradually add the mixture and keep it blending until a thick paste like structure is formed. Lastly, pour the liquid mixture slowly to the batter. Keep the blender on until all the mixtures are evenly blended. Beat for one minute extra keeping the blender at low or medium to form a bubble-free batter.
- Next, pour the batter into the muffin molds. Your work is done here. Insert the muffin trays in the oven and let the oven do its trick. Keep it in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean.
- Take out muffins tray, let it cool for ten minutes and then turn it into the plates for serving. Corn muffins can be stored for 2-3 days so make it beforehand.
Corn Recipes for Lunch
Having corn in lunch as an appetizer or as a part of the main course adds taste to cuisine. Here we come up with some easy lunch time corn recipe. Corn can be made into the bread or into the salads and fritters for the lunch time meal. Whatever the form it, corn recipe will leave the guests speechless when presented with great taste and versatility.
The nutritious facts about corn state that it can be used in lunch time to stimulate the digestion activity. It is energetic food, thus leaves positive impacts on the health.
Recipe 2: Grilled Corn Fritters
As, having corn in lunch calls for spices and crispy recipe; Therefore, grilled corn fritters comprise of the lunch time meal. We use corn as the main ingredient and make spiced up crispy fritters from it. In order to make grilled corn fritters, you have to grab the following ingredients. Try to have fresh ingredients to enhance the taste richness.
- 2 cups Corn
- 1 Handful Parsley
- 1/2 tea spoon Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup Cornmeal, yellow
- 1/2 tea spoon Baking powder
- 1/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tea spoon ground Black pepper
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1 Vegetable oil
Procedure to make
- This is one of the easiest recipes of grilled corn. All you need to do it add all the ingredients except vegetable in a bowl and make a paste of them. Shape them into rounded pancakes.
- Place them in a cool place for 30 minutes until they are stiff.
- Pour oil into a pan and place each grilled corn fritter on the pan one by one. Fry for 3-5 minutes on low heat. Remove from pan and garnish with coriander to serve. Deep frying option is also available for making grilled corn fritters.
Recipe 3: Basil Butter Grilled Corn
Another crispy grilled corn recipe awaits you. This time, the combination comprises of grilled corn with the basil butter. We use corn with the cob as a main ingredient and add basil butter to it that gives it taste richness. In order to make grilled corn with basil butter, you have to grab the following ingredients. Try to have fresh ingredients to enhance the taste richness.
- 1 cup Basil, loosely packed fresh leaves
- 8 cobs of Corn
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 cup unsalted Butter
- 1/4 tea spoon Pepper
- 1/4 tea spoon Salt
- 1 Salt and pepper
- 1 table spoon Vegetable oil
Procedure to make
- This is another easy recipe for grilled corn. All you need to do it add all the ingredients except vegetable and cobs of corn in a bowl and make a mixture of them.
- Next step is to mix all the ingredients well so that the taste is evenly spread. Now, spread the mixture on the corn cobs. Keep them aside for 15 – 20 minutes for marinating.
- Pour oil into a pan and place each grilled corn with basil butter on the pan one by one. Fry for 8-10 minutes on low heat. Remove from pan and garnish with basil leaves to serve. Also, the baking option is also available for making butter basil grilled corn.
Recipe 4: Grilled Lemon Garlic Corn Zucchini
Carrying on the crisp of corn in lunch time recipes, another corn meal that you can prepare at home is grilled lemon garlic zucchini. The recipe includes flavors of lemon and the citric acid enriches the taste of corn. It is a four-serving dish that is really easy to make. We use corn with the cob as a main ingredient and add lemon garlic zucchini to it that gives it taste richness and to make a scrumptious serving of zucchini. In order to make grilled corn zucchini with lemon garlic, you have to grab the following ingredients. Try to have fresh ingredients to enhance the taste richness.
- 2 medium sized Zucchini
- 2 table spoon fresh leaves Parsley
- 1 lemon, juice in particular
- 2 corn cobs
- 1 tea spoon Kosher salt
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 tea spoon freshly grounded black pepper
- 1 tea spoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup Butter, unsalted
Procedure to make
- Just like the recipes given above, this one is also easy to make a dish from corn. All you need to do it add all the ingredients except vegetable and mash all of them in a bowl.
- Spend 5-10 extra minutes to make an even mixture of them. Also, it’ll ensure that all the ingredients are properly mixed.
- Next step is to make the shapes of the mixture and freeze them for 15-20 minutes.
- After that, pour oil into a pan and place each grilled corn with basil butter on the pan one by one. Fry for 8-10 minutes on low heat. Remove from pan and garnish with coriander leaves to serve. Also, the baking option is also available for making butter basil grilled corn. Besides, the shaped corn garlic lemon zucchini can be deep fried.
- It makes a completely vegetarian dish that can be used for lunch as well as in supper or in dinner.
Corn Recipes for Supper & Dinner
The corn recipes are not just to be consumed in day time only. There are plenty of corn recipes that can be prepared to have the dinner. However, considering the fact corn takes the time to digest, therefore, the corn recipes for dinner time are lighter than those taken in the day time.
Corn is best used in the salads with its crisp. We can add corn in all kinds of salads – be it Russian, creamy or spicy – corns compliment the taste of all the vegetables. There can be different forms of salads, but what’s amazing about corn is that it mixes up with all.
Besides, the recipe makers have also considered combining the corn with ingredients that will help ease its digestion. As a result, the corn will not be heavy on the stomach. Rather, it will be completely tasteful cuisine at the dinner time.
Corn in Dinner
As discussed earlier, corn recipes are important to follow to keep the right quantity of the corn in each meal. Taking too much of corn can be a burden on the digestive system. However, taking it in a reasonable amount with a right combination of ingredients will make it healthy choice for health. That is why, for each course of the day, there is a separate recipe. Thus whatever the time of day it is, simply look for the following recipe and get going with it.
Not necessarily the spicy meals, corn can be taken as light food too. One of the examples is making corn into bread and using on daily basis. The cornbread is highly nutritious and can be used with other food courses.
One of the important elements of corn recipes at dinner time is the cornbread. It is always good to have cornbread at the dinner time since it combines with the flour. And if properly made, can be very light and healthy to have at dinner time. In order to get a complete recipe for cornbread, visit the link
Recipe 5: Olive Oil Parmesan Grilled Corn
Carrying on the crisp of corn in dinner time recipes, another corn meal that you can prepare at home is olive oil Parmesan grilled corn. The corn recipe includes flavors of lemon and the citric acid enriches the taste of corn. It is a four-serving dish that is really easy to make.
In order to make olive oil grilled corn, you have to grab the following ingredients. And, try to have fresh ingredients to enhance the taste richness. Besides, try not to miss any cheese as it will affect the taste.
- 1/2 tea spoon Garlic powder
- 1 tea spoon dried Basil
- 4 ears Corn
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 table spoon Butter
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese
- 1 tea spoon Salt
- 1 tea spoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Evoo
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
Process to make
- Moving the list of recipes from the breakfast and lunch time to dinners, we have our first meal of Olive oil Parmesan grilled corn. Similar to the earlier recipes, this one is easy as well. All you need is to combine all the ingredients except vegetable oil and blend all of them in a bowl.
- Just like the above recipes, spend 5-10 extra minutes to make an even mixture of them. Also, it’ll ensure that all the ingredients are properly mixed.
- Spread the mixture on the corn cobs and keep it at rest for 25-30 minutes for marinating.
- Coat with the breadcrumbs and cheddar cheese after around half an hour of marinating
- It is all ready to bake. So, Preheat the oven at 200 degrees and put it inside for 10-12 minutes.
Recipe 7: Summer Corn Salad Recipe
Dinner can have salads of corn combined with other vegetables. The ingredients that are used are mostly used in the summery vegetables. In order to make summer corn salad, you have to grab the following ingredients. Try to have fresh ingredients to enhance the taste richness.
- 1 1/2 cups Corn, fresh or frozen
- 2 table spoon fresh Basil
- 1 1/2 cups Cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Cucumber
- 2 table spoon Italian dressing
- 1/4 tea spoon Salt
- 1/3 cup Feta cheese
- 3 table spoon Olive oil
- 1 table spoon Lime juice
Process to make
- Easiest to make is a salad. All we have to do is simply cut the slices or cubes of the vegetables, preferably in equal sized.
- Combine all the vegetables in a bowl and mix well.
- Keep in mind to mix gently so that you don’t crush the added vegetables.
Let’s make it
Ever found corn so versatile that it could be used in several meals at home? Still not deciding which one to try? The simplest way is to see the ingredients near to you, get them in a bowl and see which meal you can make with that.
Not a tough task, just need a small effort for the scrumptious outcomes. Make a list for a daily basis and try each one of them a day. There you go! You’re one week’s meal is already on the list. Whatever you make first, share your opinion. If got any trouble, post it here so that we can cater it.
So what’s up in your mind? Which recipe have you liked the best? And which is the one you’ll try first? Once you make any one of them, you’re definitely going to try the rest. Moreover, the taste is endless and all of them are highly nutritious.
Share your reviews on the recipe you try. Also, if you know any other recipe, do come up with it in the comments section. Let all get the benefit.